From:
Ann Badnadge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 11:49:47 -0000
loud dooks to all ferret lovers

I hope that once more you can come to my aid and give me some advice..
this time it's medical.

Over here in the UK we do not have our kids " done" when they are tiny just
as a matter of course.  and , when they are brought form a shop or dealer
they are left entire and it is then the new owners responsibility to get
them seen to .  now ferret math has struck with us having a new boy and the
time is drawing near to go gathering nuts so to speak ..  I would like to
know if there is any time in the year that it is wrong to get the hobs
castrated ..  I have been told that they should not be done at this time
of year as they little bits are reabsorbed into the body and do not hang
down as they should (this is very understandable according to my husband
especially as they are very near the ground and we do get heavy frosts and
our furkids live out side in a large court)  Joking apart .. I do not wish
to cause any medial problems for our boys .. so I would be very grateful
for any info on this subject .

By the way, my dear hubby is still in love with his little soldier,and his
finger is getting calluses on it from clicking away with his digital camera
to get all those shots of "Daddies little darling"

Mind you I must admit that I did have a chuckle the other day when "daddies
little darling" bit his ear... Isn't it strange how words of endearments
fly out of the window and change into "Ouch you little *^**""+.  let go ..
that hurt" ......he he he he.

Big hugs to all who have lost a dear one and loud dooks to all of you that
have taken on yet one more rescue

Eggy Annie