Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:51:48 -0700
I was called over the weekend by a fellow volunteer/friend at the cat
shelter I volunteer with that a neighbour said they saw someone pull up
at the edge of my friend's property and dump a ferret out of their car
and speed off. My friend's been trying to search for it and has seen it
once but hasn't yet been able to catch it. Apparently it's running with
a limp so has a hurt leg

She's set a trap for it and asked me what to bait the trap with. Since
ferrets aren't attracted to stinky tuna fish or mackerel the only
smelly food I could think of was a dab of peanut butter - along with
some cat kibble to at least feed it if it does get trapped in there.

So what exactly do you bait a ferret trap with? I was talking to my
boyfriend about this and he said "Why didn't you tell her pens and
socks?" since that's what my ferrets steal LOL!

Also wanted to know if anyone in the Snohomish area has found a ferret
in case someone else already has him/her. They live North of downtown
off Old Snohomish Monroe Road.

Laura