From:
Leonard Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 17:35:51 -0800
I found a wonderful product for clipping ferret nails and I have been using
it for 2 years on my three ferrets.  It is a pair of snips sold by testors
model products for cuttung plastic model cars and airplane parts out of teir
packaging.  Most department stores seem to carry them and they are easy to
sharpen and are very easy to handle.

I tried using cat clippers but I could never get them linedup easily enough.
Then I tried the part clipers and it did wonderful.  You should be able to
find them in the toy department of Fredmeyers, K-mart or other major chains.

Another helpful hint is to spread ferratone across their belly and then
while they are to busy licking the ferratone you get their nails clipped.
I usely do this before bathtime because they end up with a sticky belly
afterward.

That hint was from our old vet back in fairbanks ant the Mount Mckinely
Animal Hospital of Alaska.

Trust me it does wonders.

See Ya

Leonard