From:
Charles Onken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 12:31:16 -0400
We have a new little girl in the house.  Her name if Fifi.  Strange name
for a ferret, but it is her name and she will keep it.  Her previous
owners had a baby about 5 weeks ago, and they didn't feel they had the
time for both.  They brought her over this morning.  She is a tiny little
girl.  Her color is white with grey and light brown mixed in.  I guess
you would call it a "silver".  They had her certificate from Petland in
Orlando.  She was born between 10-11-98 and 10-17-98 and shipped on
12-2-98.  They said she was the smallest in the bunch at the pet store
when they bought her, and the only one that came right to them and wanted
crawl out to get to them.  Funny how critters choose us instead of the
other way around sometimes.

Her owners were very nice people and you could tell they will miss her.
They stayed for over an hour.  Wanted to know if it was all right if they
called from time to time to check on her.  Of course, we said YES.  No
money was exchanged, so you know they cared about her.  Brought along
some food, a squeaky toy, food dish and ferret water bowl.

Our Valentine and their Fifi had no dramatics when introduced and are
now in the cage together.  I expect there will be some territory disputes,
but it looks like they will get along OK.  Fifi is a lightning bolt on
the floor, and LOVED the clear dryer tube.  She must have gone through it
a dozen times, tale wagging all the way.

Charles, Aggie, Donna,  Valentine  and Fifi
Missing Cujo, Bandit and Snowball