Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:28:22 EDT
Marshall Farms has done it again.  The stores are getting ferts so small
their eyes are not opened yet.  How old is that??  3, 4, or 5 weeks old??
I have forgotten.

Only one store in area got in older ferts.  Some stores are simply not
selling them.  Others are.  One has had two deaths so far.  The One left
was given to me by manager.  Being kept in back to die like the others.

Ferrets are purchased for about $20 by store.  It is cheaper to let them
die than have vet, antibiotics, syringe feedings.  So that is what some
stores decide to do.

Have my baby ferret.  He is sick--blowing bubbles out of his nose with
liquid coming out of his nose.  Vet thinks distemper is quite possible.  We
chanced a shot.  On antibiotics, sucking Bob C. soup off my finger.  Has
sneezed well over 100 times since this morning.  Breathing sounds harsh.
Mouth is open.

No silver color, white mitts or black nose, health, or strong immune
system.  He will probably be a financial burden all his life to me---if
he somehow manages to live.

Before you buy a pet store ferret--realize what you are getting.  Is this
what you want??  A ferret taken away from his Mom too soon.  Surgery to
deprive him of health at 3 weeks of age.  Mass manufactured animals?

I will be surprised if he lives 7 more days.  Hope the MF people
responsible for this find Gods judgment before they do this again.

Lisette