From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:53:30 -0500
I freaked Meltdown and Jumpstart today.  Meltie is having a fidgety day --
her ascites level is starting to come up again so she may need her
Furosemide bumped up again.  She always gets nervous when she has a water
balloon belly.  Jumpstart just hasn't seen the show he got today.  What
happened is that I opened a magazine (an athletic one and those do NOT tend
to carry perfume sheets) and it turned out to have stink sheets from two
scents to which I am very allergic.  In no time flat I was white and
gasping.  So, there I was trying to get my meds in as efficiently as their
application rules allow, while having to worry about Meltdown in a panic (so
great for her heart, and the baby worsening it all with his reaction -- the
others did not care since they are used to it and were already well worn out
from a good romp with whirlwind Jumpstart).  Anyway, it all worked out in
the long run, and I'm breathing better now though still feel like someone's
standing on my chest.  Magazines should carry ONLY the sealed foil packet
scent samples, or offer subscriptions without scents.  I wonder how many
people have died from magazine advertisements?  Wouldn't that be such a
rediculous thing to go from, especially when there are easy fixes for the
perfume companies and magazines to use?  My asthma isn't very bad compared
to a lot of folks I know and I was in a nasty way even after my steroids for
a while, so they must have already killed somebody.  Forgive me if this
isn't too cohesive -- hard to think with not enough oxygen.

Sukie