From:
Julie Rathsack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:57:25 -0400
Hi all!

I JUST rejoined FML last weekend, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat
question (which I'm sure it is).

My ferret Snowball had adrenal surgery in January.  Due to her vena cava,
they couldn't completely freeze her adrenal gland.  She is acting totally
healthy, full of pep and energy... however, the hair she regrew fell out
again and her vulva is still swollen.  The vet wants to put her on shots,
which she would get once every three months.  I'm not sure what its
called, but a ferret friend said maybe it was Lupron.

My vet told me the cheapest she had been able to find the medicine is
$600 because no one will break it up into smaller doses in Grand Rapids,
MI.

Does anyone know of any place where we could get it cheaper or even
broken down into doses?  Any suggestions will help!  My vet just had a
baby this morning and now is on leave.  I'm hoping I can find an answer
while she's out, so we can get moving once she's back!

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

Hugs-N-Kisses,

Julie & Her Bubbas (Koz, Baby, Snowball, & Storm)