From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 09:51:33 EDT
    Niki, you aren't alone!  We bathe Amelia every week to ten days.  I
would imagine that every ferret is different, and different levels of
bathing woul be appropriate for different ferrets.  Amelia spends at least
five or six hours outdoors every week, and has a sandbox on our balcony.
This means that we have a frequently dirty as in covered with dirt ferret.
It may not be tapioca pudding (though I'm sure that any self-respecting
ferret would love to dig in that, given the chance), but it usually doesn't
just brush out.  Her fur is thick and healthy; our vet has commented on it
too, so I don't think the baths are hurting her.  And the best reason of
all-- she enjoys it!  She plays with the bubbles, and sometimes just relaxes
with her fur floating around her.  She's a good swimmer now too.

Barbkitty-- what do you mean, no babies?  They're just skinnier and
hairier than most... :-)  Being young and married I sympathize, although
we did get my father-in-law to start calling Amelia his "grandferret."

Ludivina-- our neighbors have an elderly and blind Chihuahua, who is
similarly _not into_ Amelia, our bouncy baby girl.  I think Misty, the dog,
might have nipped Amelia once (with what teeth she has left), but anyway
Amelia finally decided she was boring and treats her pretty much as part of
the scenery now.  Of course, this dog doesn't live with us, but maybe you
can find some hope in this.  Playing with our other neighbors' new Lab
puppy, on the other hand, is anything but boring.  They steal each other's
toys, having similar taste in squeaky toys and balls and stuffed animals!

THat's all for today-- happy midweek!

Regina (finally recovered from the Black Death) and Amelia (you didn't
run around with me for a week!  I better make you play extra hard now!)