From:
Stephanie Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:52:44 -0500
We recently rescued a ferret named Mokie who is a male, neutered, about
4 years old. He is friendly, playful, and loves Bob's chicken gravy. He
seems to grind his jaw sometimes, not even when eating, so I took him
to my vet who on examination felt a growth on his very large spleen.
He was ultrasounded and that vet said he had a calcified right adrenal
gland which she said meant advanced malignancy. He is totally
asymptomatic for adrenal. The lump on the large spleen was benign.

Do you treat for adrenal disease on asymptomatic ferret?

If it's not cancer, why the anemia? I forget the numbers but it was
low on the initial blood test and 2 weeks later at the ultrasound it
had dropped by 10. He still has good color though.