Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:00:26 -0400
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know which is better, compounded or commercial medicines?

Or are they both just as effective?

I'm wondering about compounded medicine as the medicine is not evenly
distributed within the liquid, but settles to the bottom and even if
you shake it, it may not be evenly disbributed to get the exact dose.

I am using commercial prednisolone and compounded diazoxide. Soon I
will be using compounded prednisolone also.

My Rocky has insulinoma and doesn't seem to be getting better. He needs
even more coaxing to get up and come to eat. Lately I just pick him up
and put him by his food dish. He doesn't even want treats anymore,
though he still loves raw chicken and cream. Will eat chicken gravy
with some coaxing.

Thanks for your info, and best of health to your precious furkids.

Shron & Rocky