From:
"Lisa P." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:00:57 -0500
Hello All,

It's been a very long time since I posted to this list and I need your
creative ideas/suggestions.  I have a cage with a plastic base that is
filled with soft bedding/litter instead of using an actual litterbox.
This is because my 2 girls refuse to use a litterbox no matter what type
of litter I use and like to go wherever.  I was tired of constantly
cleaning the cage.  Using this method of filling the entire base with
litter there are no more "accidents".

My question is this.  What I would love to do is use a liner like the
type they have for cats' litterboxes.  I would place the liner in the
base and then fill with litter.  Then all I would have to do is lift
the liner out with dirty litter and repeat step.  I'm trying to make
my life as easy as possible and at the same time outwit my little
masterminds. :-)

They have a Super Pet 4 Story Fun-nel Home
(http://www.ferretstore.com/sp-60356.html).  The base measures 47" x 20"
(approx.).  Does anyone know of liners big enough to encompass this?  Or
perhaps something other than a liner that I could just lift out and throw
away?  The only concern I would have with plastic liners is that they may
dig at it or chew and perhaps swallow a piece.  They do love plastic
bags, but I've never seen them trying to eat one.  Just trying to think
of all possibilities.

Any ideas/suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you,
Lisa and her crew
http://oboyyme.tripod.com