From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:55:50 -0500
HO HO HO to my ferret fan family!

Here's a poem I penned back in '06 for a Xmas card I send out to
"special" people and may have posted on the FML back then also. I
chuckle each time I read it.

A Ferret Christmas Poem
December 15, 2006

'Twas a week before Christmas and all 'round the room
Were piles of stockings stolen from the ferrety's hooman.
What a chore to get them from the mantle it was
But the temptation to great for the Band of the Fuzz!

Mom & Dad were nestled all snug in their beds,
While the woozles did war dance upon their sleeping heads.
When down in the house there arose such a chatter
They sprang from the bed, ferrets bouncing quite gladder!
Away down the stairs the masses did dash
About the same time the tree it did crash!

The ferrets were jumping & dancing about
Cause Mom & Dad obviously forgot they were out!
No present was safe, no bow left behind
All now stashed safely somewhere only ferrets can find.

No Dasher! No Scooter! No Tazzie! No Trixie!
Get off there you cantankerous little fuzzy weasels!
Off the top of the hutch before you fall!
Then they dashed away! dash away! dash away all!

And then, in a twinkling, I heard them run by
The prancing and pawing of each little spy.
As I threw up my hand, and was turning around,
The last of the ornaments came crashing down.

Now the room is in shambles, no decorations were left
As Mom & Dad stood there surveying the mess.
The ferret retreated to the safety of cages
Thus avoiding the grip of Mom & Dad's rages.
"It's a good thing their cute", Mom was heard saying
So for now it looks like the ferrets are staying.

(originally posted here:
http://biglickferretshelter.mysite.com/cgi-bin/blog/view_post/39404)

Changes "Ho Ho Ho" to "Hee Hee Hee"...

Blessings to all!