Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:23:08 -0500
Squeak was put to sleep this morning. He'd been sickly for some time. I
was giving meds and soft food hoping he would get through this "bump"
too. He has been such a tough little guy. When he was just a baby he
had an intestinal problem that eventually he outgrew. In his life he's
had troubles with some things off and on. I got up yesterday to find
him straining to urinate. Never had any luck. Couldn't sleep, he'd keep
trying to pee. I took him to the vet to help him while I was at work ,
overnight. I called early this morning and the vet said he didn't have
much in his bladder but he thought his system was shutting down and
almost comatose. So I didn't want him to suffer so he was put to sleep.
I went up to get him and bring him back to bury next to Jeep (his buddy
he lost about a year ago). I had him for 6 1/2 yrs. I miss him. I keep
looking for him to come around the corner, looking up at me for a
snack. In his prime he could jump a kitchen table to the kitchen
counter! He was a real athletic ferret at that time. Too curious not
to investigate.Squeak was an escapee a couple years back. Got out the
plastic dryer hose to explore. Was gone all night. I couldn't sleep
and as soon as it was daylight I got up to look outside some more. I
left the sliding glass door open to my breezeway just in case he wanted
back home. As I entered the breezeway I saw this "lump" in a pull down
blanket there. There he was, all curled up in the blanket! I was lucky!
Squeak......wait for me. Hug Jeep for me too.

Susan......the one with the hole in her heart
Honey......Mom....I've been searching the blankies but I can't find
Squeak
Fang........lemme see if I can tip this watering bowl