From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 1994 03:50:00 UTC
Within the last week I've had two jills go into labor, deliver one
or two kits and go out of labor. They both needed several shots of
oxytocin to get labor started again and both finally needed a c-
section to remove the last kit which had died. Both jills were in
and out of labor for at least 28 hours. Both were impregnated by the
same hob, who is a fairly small male, about 3 pounds. The one jill
was a first time mother but the other had produced two problem free
litters in the past. Any ideas on what causes this? Is it just
coincidence that with no delivery problems in the past I suddenly
have two within a week? Why wouldn't the last kit deliver? One of
the jills gave birth to the next to last kit which had also died. I
would appreciate any ideas on this subject. I've only been breeding
for about three years and so far everything has gone smoothly.

Cindy Sooy