Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 17:39:04 +0200
I think I found the perfect stuff for the litter box.  here in Italy now it
is very on fashion to use ground straw and the compressed in pellet for
horses.  The pellet are a little bigger than a cigarette and if they it some
it passes through as it turns into very little pieces like dust.  it doesn't
smell at all ( just a kind of tea aroma ).  When it gets wet with warm
liquids it grows a little bit and turn into straw dust.  I used rabbit food
which smells a lot and it ferments too (which is bad for ferrets I think).
It is also very convenient I pay about 12 dollars (L.19.000) for about 50
lbs (25 kg).  I just remove their stuff one a day and the litter box is
always clean.

Now I come with the question: is it the straw dangerous for ferrets? I think
it isn't but please advice!

ciao
roberto
Roberto is at