From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:45:41 -0800
Today a little gray fella named Ozzie arrived.  What a site!  At the end
of the bridge this boy came blindly flailing around the bridge like Rocky
Balboa.

I said, "Woa, woa who ya fightin?"

He stopped and looked stunned.  He asked where he was.  And I answered
with a comforting smile, "Why don't you tell ME?"  And a wind swirled
around his body as he underwent a stunning change.  His gray fur hair
turned to pretty silver.  His bald areas were full of lush fur.  And his
eyes brightened as he looked at himself, his wings, his new body and
then all around at his surroundings.

"Oh no!  But I fought so hard!  Where's my mommy and daddy?"

I broke it to him that the fight was over, there was no turning back, and
that this indeed was Rainbow Bridge.  But before he could get too sad or
cry, I told him that his mommy and daddy would be here to hug him in no
time.  I told him in the mean time there was plenty to do.

Little Ozzie preferred the fields of flowers here and the soft clouds
to anything else.  In the flowers he could hide and then bounce out at
everyone that passed by.  I had to wait patiently until he was done
playing before we could go find his brothers and sisters, Jigs, Slim,
Nacho, Sammy, Luna and Miss Shelby.  They were grooming themselves in
their hammies.

Ozzie danced around, thrashing about in circles, inviting them to play.
And they did spark right up.  Miss Shelby seemed to roll her eyes as she
preferred the peace of the afternoon.  But in the end, she could not
resist the little clown, Ozzie.  They danced, dooked, and ran to the
fields where they snorkeled through the grasses, and rolled in the
flowers.  It seemed like they played for an eternity.  Eventually they
did settle down in a nice fluffy cloud.

Last I saw Ozzie, he was sleeping ... with a content little smile on his
face intertwined with his friends.

Sandee