From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:49:51 -0700
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share the weird habit my big boy Sebastian has, and see
if anyone else has experienced anything like it: when I have bare feet,
he will come up to me, wrap his front paws around my ankle, and lick my
leg obsessively!  Then he'll start sort of scraping his teeth against my
leg, sometimes giving little pinchy bites.  He will actually follow me
around, doing this whenever I stop walking.  What on earth is he trying
to do?!  Groom me?  Bite my leg hairs off?  Or what?  Does anyone have a
clue?  If he nips too hard I scruff him (he's really not a biter
otherwise), but usually I just pick him up and tell him he's weird.

Also, I know this is old news with me, but I caught part of the
discussion on whether some ferrets never get along, and I feel like
that's happening to my girls Pukka and Lola.  People have told me it
takes a while sometimes, but this has been going on since last winter!
Lola screams like a banshee whenever either of the others comes near her,
and Pukka seems to bully her a lot.  It's really frustrating, because
Lola loved Illura, my first ferret and her old cagemate, who passed away
shortly before I got the others.  Is it possible she's still mourning
her?  I just want her to be happy and not stress over being around Pukka.
Lola is possibly adrenal, can this have anything to do with it?  Sorry
I'm so full of questions, but I haven't posted in a while so they've
kinda been building up.  Thanks in advance!

Rachel, Lola, Sebastian, and Pukka

=====
"Go ahead, call the cops
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops"

                      -- Tom Waits