From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 09:32:03 -0700
Every year we get away for 3-4 weeks on our 28 foot sailboat and sail to
a place called Desolatation Sound where there is no TV, no corner store,
no noise and few people.  We made the trip with the two ferrets and
everyone got along OK.  Sure, we had to hide the soap in the head
(bathroom) and had to screen off entrances to the bilge (oily dirty
passageways under the deck (floor), and sure.... we had to put the paper
towel on the roller backwards when Arnie decided to unroll it, it would
actually roll up instead of roll off.  and sure... they had to have
their "trays" in just the right spot, and oh yes the hatches (ferret
doors) had to be in all the time to keep them off the deck <eagles you
know>.  They always slept with us in the foreard bunk.  No toe biting, no
talking...  no passing gas.( not them anyway) Yes... it was a good trip.

This year we have four....Timothy (always awake..toe licker and biter) and
Suzzie (still not sure about her) and Arnie and Tootsie.  This will be a
VERY interesting trip.  Our sleeping area is accessable to all of them.  At
night WE are all in an enclosed area 28 feet by 10 feet.  There is no way
out....its like living in a cage.....two of us against four of THEM.

Well here's hoping the crew will gel and at least get on a more even keel
(get more equal).  Perhaps three against three ( boys vrs girls).  Yea..
I like that... Arnie,Timothy and me relaxing...  drinking beer ( they do
like a few licks of it) and Sharron and the girls looking for eagles and
bringing the beer.... Yes ... life will be good...eat your heart out Al
Bundy.

Rick