From:
John Neff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 10:53:11 -0500
My wife and I have good news.  Although we do not read the digest everyday,
we do read it enough to see who's doing what and how their families are
doing.  Well, this past Monday (July 15) was Debbies B-Day and we decided
that she wnated another fert to play with Mischief (2 1/2 y.o.  male).  So
we went down to our favorite pet shop, Herpeton in Austin Tx.  and tried to
pick out the best little girl we could from about 10.  It seemed pretty
obvious that this small very dark sable girl was the best of the bunch, but
then Deb.  saw a very adorable an active cinnamin.  She gt this little girl
out to paly with and I imediately thought to my self, hmmmmm.  what about
both of them?  We palyed with them for about 1/2 hr.  and as the store was
getting ready to close, but not kick us out, I suggested both of them.  That
was all she needed, she picked them both up, picked out a cage, and away we
went.

Now we were pretty sure mischief was going to accept them, but not
postitive, as he is the first fert we have ever had.  The other question was
Quixotie, our 17 lb.  male short hair cat.  When we got home, we unloaded
the cage, then the girls, and Quixotie was there investigating immediately.
He wasn't sure of the girls, or the cage, so he just found a good look out,
under his scratching post, and kept an out of the way eye on things.  About
5 minutes later Mischief woke up and came out from his day time hiding spot,
under the love seat.  He thought the girls were cool!  He just followed them
around, sniffed them (all of them) and drooled heavlily on their necks, even
though he was neuterted long ago.  He never tried to mount them, or
anything, just followed and showed lots of interest.  A couple of hours
later we decided that it was safe to put all three together in their new
larger cage for the night.  Very shortly, Michief claimed the upstares is,
and the two girls slept together downstairs.  This morning, all was fine and
now they are all asleep under the love seat.

The girls have been named Cocoa (dark sable) and Fiesty (Cinnamon).

From our ever increasing family, we say bye-bye :-)
John, Debbie, Mischief, Cocoa, Fiesty, Quixotie, Roxie, Simon, Lucifer,
Sphere, and many un-named fish.