From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 1996 11:28:16 EDT
About the walking poison spreaders..these substances are almost universally
connected to cancer...You might give thought to posting a large block text
message on all outside doors and a copy to the unit manager and/or owner..we
did..as follows..

Exterminators!  Do Not Enter.  Do Not Use ANY Spray OR Powder Within This
Living Unit OR Within Two Feet of ANY Entrance, Door or Window or Vent!
Resident has Violent Allergic Asthma That IS Always Triggered By Any Such
Treatment of the Premisis.  Resident has made individual arrangements for
pest contol at residents expense!!!  Disreguard of this Notice is Willful
Endangerment!!!  and sign it..

now that they are safely away from both you and anything that wants a decent
life expectancy what do you do aboout little nastys... One pretty good
answer is 5% Sevin..available at garden centers 5% Only however..it is a
corn meal like gritty sandy yellow substance that can be used right on a dog
or cat and can be spread via a shaker in every carpet and crevice then after
an hour or so vacummed up with no residue..and creepy crawlers are gone...

I don't even like that little amount of anything that even might be harmfull
in a few decades of exposure..so I long ago went organic...my pest control
has four feet, lots of quills, uses a cat box , eats kitten chow, and is
quiet, nocturnal, clean and sleeps in a left over carpet tube..  Her name is
Widget...and she is my on duty nightly pest patrol,...all night every
night..and she is cute and funny and charming... Yup!  a Hedgehog (pigmy
type, about the size of a small orange).  nothing escapes her...she gets her
eats bowl only after a night of hungry hunting..  and no spider, ant, water
bug, or anything else gets by her..ZIP!  and me and the fur kids (who like
her by the way) have zero exposure to any poisons..ever... and since she is
immune to most all poisons if she does get bitten by her snack or finds
traces of old spraying somewhere she doesn't even notice... just keeps on
chugging... me, I'll take Widget over a cancer causing poison any time.

 my $.02 cents worth on that subject..

 :]  dayna

 dayna frazier   102046,3162