From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:57:29 -0400
Well, I'm not quite certain this qualifies as a quirk - yet...

I just got a new boy, about 1 year old, who I have named Abracadabra...
(Aby for short).  After introductions to my other ferrets, Aby latched
on to my older boy, Smudge..the shoe stealer.  I keep a pair of slippers
downstairs so they are handy when I have to take the dog out.  Usually, I
keep them in a bag hanging from the coat rack, well out of reach of any
ferret, but sometimes I forget.

The other day, I heard galloping up the stairs, and when I looked, there
was Smudge, with one of my slippers in his mouth.  2 steps behind him
was his new accomplice, Aby, with the other slipper in his mouth.

Why can't they learn something "good" from each other :-).

Francine Prager,
Shoe-less in New York