From:
Adrienne Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 00:14:47 -0400
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while.  Just wnated to share a
quick Scarry story with you.

I was home alone, my husband was down state.  About 9:30pm I was working on
the computer, while the little fuzz butts were merily playing all around me.
Just then, my dog Sandy began barking.  Now this was not the yappy little
"Hi how ya doin" bark.  This was the "beware , I'm a big mean old border
collie" bark.  This gave me a heart attack, because it was so quiet when she
started barking.  I leaped over the the ferret fence into the kitchen, and
ran out to the breeze way.  Sandy ran inside ( what a brave girl) .  Just as
I got out to the breeze way, my car, (which was parked in the garage )-
alarm started going off.  This scarred the heck out of me.  I went back into
the kitchen, and shut and triple locked the door.  Looking out the window, I
could not see any thing.  I turned off all the lights inside the house, and
turned on all the outside lights.  I then made sure all my windows and doors
were locked.

My heart was pounding at this point, as I was positive that there was a Ted
Bundy lurking in my garage.  For protection, a grabbed the biggest knife I
could find and began gathering all the fuzzies up, they were following me
around at this point, probably thinking I had lost my mind.  After the
ferrets were tucked safely away in their cage, I decided to call my hubby.
He said I should go ahead and call the police, even though I felt silly
doing so.  Well, I called the police and they dispached a trooper to check
out my house, just to be safe.

The trooper came, checked around the house and checked the garage.  My car
looked OK, the cell phone and radar detector were untouched (yes he did
clear is throat disaprovingly when he saw the detector).  We did not see any
signs that anyone or anything had been there.  Then he asked me if we had
problems with little critters, such as skunks or racoons.  I said we have
all sorts of wild life around, but I had never seen anything close to the
house.  He left satisfied that everything was "all clear" (police lingo, you
know) .  He was not out the door for more than a minute, when I noticed my
purse on the couch with some of the contents spilled out.  One item was my
key ring which includes my alarm buttons.  You can come to your own
conclusions, I suspect it was a cruel plot orchestrated by my ferrets to get
me back for keeping them locked up in the cage for part of the week while we
had people visiting.  I believe that they hit the button that turns the
alarm on.  This emits a beep.  The beep made Snady( the bravest border
collie) bark.  Then, the fuzz butt bit down on the button long enough to
cause the alarm to go off, just at the very moment that I ran out to see
what Sandy was barking at.  I do not know which of the six fuzzies was
responsible, but I have a feeling it was a conspiracy.  Probably
orchastrated by Daisy, so that she could work on getting into the closet
(Where those delicious shoes are kept) while mom was busy keeping out the
predator in the garage.

Rikki2
Nikita, Daisy, Bear, Oscar, Sampson, and Willie (snicker, we knew that FLO
registration would pay off)