From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:13:25 -0400
What?  You thought the topic was another fight starting?  Nope!  I'm
talking about my "Shop Vac" vacuum!  Last night, (Wednesday) I was very,
very tired and wanted to go to bed early.  However, I don't go to bed
unless the ferrets are all safely tucked into their cages.  Well...*almost*
never.  After several hours of searching, I couldn't find Hershey.  I
figured that he had found a new hidey-hole that I didn't know about.
What I *didn't* know was just how right I was!

Anyway, I woke up this morning and started looking for him again.  No
ferret.  I decided to look outside (you know how well they can teleport!),
but didn't find any sign that he had been out there.  So I decided to check
the appliances.  Nope.  Just as I was about to give up, I see a nose
sticking out of the hose opening on my Shop Vac!!!

The Shop Vac sits under the utility sink in the laundry room.  It has a
hose with an L-shaped connector on the end that you just shove into the
opening in the lid of the vacuum.  It is normally fitted into that hole,
so that no ferret can get in there.  Well, Hershey found out hot to
"uninstall" that hose!  He then got into the Shop Vac (don't ask how...he
must have used WinZip for Ferrets(tm)), but was too big to get back out!

I don't know how his timing worked so well to wake up just at the moment
that I was passing by and stick his nose out of that opening, but it was so
cute I had trouble removing the lid to get him out! :)  Since the vacuum is
normally cleaned out before putting it away, he wasn't dirty or anything.
But I'll bet he thinks twice before teleporting inside someplace he's never
been before! :)

Todd and the (No, no, no!  Do NOT flip that switch!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
http://users.success.net/toddl/