From:
"TinyPrintsOnTheHeart.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:43:57 -0500
I personally worked at Petco.  I no longer work there because I am
homeschooling my son now, but still frequent the local Petco.  I just
want to begin by saying, Petco has done alot for my rescue.  We are able
to set up there anytime we want to help raise funds for our shelter.  We
have our shelter information down there and the employees always will
refer people to my shelter for ferrets.  They promote the Ferret Shows
in our area, by handing out information there.  The animals at our Petco
are well taken care of.  Heck even the $3.99 hamsters get vet care which
sometimes puts the money invested in them over $75.00.  Petco also has
done HUGE fundraisers for me, in which I was able to completely pay for
a surgery.  The employees also will talk to the food representatives and
get me free coupons for food.  This community support is valuable to a
small shelter like mine.

Yes, not all Petcos are like the one near our home.  There are always
good and bad managers.  Just because one store gets hit, I think it is
not good to generalize.  Peta is one of the main groups who target Petco,
however, Peta owns a large amount of stock in Petco.  Funny huh???  And
Petco is the founder of Petfinder.  This site has brought me so many
adoptions in the past few months.  I am thankful to be on there.

So please, before you act, check out your local Petco.  Offer suggestions
if you see something, before you jump to conclusions.  And remember not
all Petcos are the same.

Marguerite
TinyPrints On The Heart.....
TinyPrints Shih Tzu, TinyPrints Ferretry and Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com
To Give To Our Kids this Christmas-The Giving Tree
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page4.html
Our Petfinder Page
www.petfinder.org/shelters/PA369.html
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=1093064