From:
Tracy Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:18:15 -0500
Hello,

Shortly after I returned from the vet today with my two fuzzies, the
vet called to tell me that one of them has roundworm. He found a
"sample" stool in their carrier and decided to test it. Since we don't
know which one and it's easily caught between one another, they are
both going on the 4-week treatment (I forgot the name of the medicine)
for roundworm.

Has anyone else gone through this before with their ferrets? Any ideas
as to how they may have caught it? I have a dog, but he wants nothing
to do with the ferrets and stays away at all costs. Otherwise, both dog
and ferrets stay inside most of the time (except for walk of course!)

I will be bringing a dog stool sample on Tuesday when I pick up their
meds. They want to test his stool as well which is a great idea.

The vet said it was in the GI tract, but I've been doing some reading
online and I read that roundworm can be a form of heart worm. Please
tell me it's not that!

Tracy