From:
Holly Domanick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:22:22 -0400
Hi everyone,
I am sad to say it looks like weasel is adrenal again.  Her left was
removed in June 98.  Her Right Dec. 99.  The Right adrenal was complicated
with the fact they had to remove a portion of her liver.  She almost bleed
to death.  I know the vet got as much of it as humanly possible.  She feels
bad it is coming back so soon.  Two weeks ago is when I noticed a vulva
swelling and it looks like someone cut the fur from the tip of her tail.
It's not too bad yet.  That is how it started last time.  She is very
active,eats well.  She has a strong will to live.

I don't have to make a decision yet as of what to do.  I don't know if the
lupron shots would be best or try for another surgery.  My vet will be
getting a cryo surgery within the next few months.  I don't wnt to make the
wrong decision.

Have many of you gone through this 3 or more times?

Weasel is a MF female.  31/2 years old.  It is so hard to see them sick
when you love them so much.

She also just got over giardia and clostridial enterotoxicosis (from
drinking bottled water, I thought it was better for them,but it's NOT) My
other two ferrets and cat had it also.  They now get filtered tap water.
At least I know where it is coming from.

About the squeeky toys.  It drives weasel crazy when you squeek it.  She
starts licking and biting my arm leaving teeth marks(doesn't break the
skin) and tries to drag me under the couch.  I won't squeek it around her
again.  R.J. on the other hand loves it and talks to it.  It doesn't make
her agressive at all.  My male rascal could care less about the sound.  3
ferts 3 different reactions.  Thanks for listening and everything.

Dooks from my special angels Weasel, Rascal, & R.J.
Eileen

http://community.webtv.net/hjdom/WelcometoHollys

http://community.webtv.net/hjdom/STARTREK