From:
Gerry Seda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:03:08 -0400
Took 3 of my guys to the vet the other day...one has beginning adrenal
(female..swollen vulva only symptom)  They said they wouldn't do anything
right now, that it was too early.  Puffin has an ulcer..she seems to be
coming along fine.  Little BJ is the one that hurt..really hurt..he just
turned 7 a couple weeks ago and has been getting very "fat"..eating like
a horse..he has actually doubled his weight.  We had noticed lumps around
the top of his hind legs and tail weakness, so took him in.  The just
physically examined him and after feeling his sides said "I already know
what this is".  Told me he has lymphosarcoma and that it could be 2 days, 2
weeks, he just doesn't know.  BJ is eating well, playing, although he tires
quickly, and has a hard time getting his hind legs under him.  A friend of
mine is into homeopathic medicine and used to be a vet tech in Puerto Rico
many years ago.  She wants to try him on some herbal tea that is supoosed
to help tumors and also rub the swollen areas with clay.  She says that is
supposed to "draw" the tumors or shrink them.  I can't find any information
on homeopathic medicines in ferrets so I'm turning to you guys.  I do NOT
want to hurt him in any way nor do I want him to get any kind of adverse
reactions.  I know of no vet locally (Buffalo NY area) who knows anything
about this type of stuff.

By the way, for those of you who might remember an earlier post of mine,
I'm the person and these are the vets that wanted $915 for adrenal surgery!
I thought this was bad enough...hadn't heard anything yet..I asked how
much it would cost when BJ does pass, to have him cremated and the ashes
returned to me...I've had this done before and it was $55 at that time
(1995 or so) It is now $175!!!!!  I couldn't believe that!  Well, yes, I
guess I could, based on the price of adrenal surgery they gave me awhile
back.

Anyway, Thanks in advance for any help.