From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:03:22 -0700
Folks, I've had more requests for meat grinders than I have grinders.  And
I think I cornered the market on eBay grinders!  Not really, there are TONS
of them, every day.  I'm still getting requests, but ran out of grinders
the first day.

So, would anyone volunteer to either buy a grinder on eBay, and send it
to a shelter - the average cost, with shipping, is $12.00, or sponsor the
cost and I'll make the eBay purchase?  I've bought 5 or 6 grinders, and my
budget is taxed.

Buying on eBay is a piece of cake.  Go to site, register, look at stuff,
bid.  It's on-line registration, no form to mail back, no money to pay.
You bid, it tells you if your bid is highest, or lower than the highest, it
tells you if someone outbids you, and when the time is over, it tells you
who to contact to arrange for payment.  The seller e-mails you and says
"Hi, you WON, send me the money".  You write a check, you mail it, you wait
for package to arrive.  Did anyone not follow that?  You never leave your
computer (except to schlepp to the mailbox) and your hands never leave your
arms.

Besides helping a shelter, eBay is FUN.  You too can become an eBay addict!
Now, then, look closely at the grinder pictures.  Don't bid on anything
without a picture.  They need to be in good condition.  You don't want to
buy something that had a secret life - as a boat anchor!  The larger, the
better.  Look for a blade with little round holes all over.  That's the
blade you want for mushing those bones.  They usually have several photos,
taken from different angles.  The aluminum ones are good too.  Aluminum can
be your friend.  The grinder I'm keeping is aluminum with feet instead of
the clamp.

But if you don't want to be an eBay addict, e-mail me, and I'll bid for
you.  You'll know ahead of time what the grinder is, what the cost will be,
and I'll send you it's picture.  A copy of an eBay auction listing can be
sent to you, just like forwarding an e-mail message to someone.

Georgia - the left coast one...