From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:25:29 EDT
This past weekend, we received surrenders from a rescue in Maryland.  A
couple (i do not wish to name names) let their breeding stock get out of
hand.  They accidently placed their v-hob and instead of using a jill
jab, they breed every girl who came into season.  Their numbers increased
dramatically and they were unable to care for all of their ferrets.  And
so, in the past year we have taken in several surrenders from people who
were unable to handle their number of ferrets.

Understandably, a kit is not for everyone and we do currently have some
girls available.  They may go to their new homes at the end of the month.
We currently have for adoption:

Two Albino Girls (10 weeks old) - need to be altered - $125 adoption fee
($25 rebate upon proof of altering)  Adoption fee is per but we are
offering a $25 discount when you adopt more than one.

Dark Sable (almost black) Girl - (10 weeks old) - need to be altered -
$125 adoption fee ($25 rebate upon proof of altering)

Sable Female (10 weeks old) - need to be altered - $125 adoption fee ($25
rebate upon proof of altering)

Two Sable Males (10 weeks old) - need to be altered - $125 adoption fee
($25 rebate upon proof of altering) Adoption fee is per but we are
offering a $25 discount when you adopt more than one.

Cinnamon Female (2 years old) - will be altered at the end of the month.
Adoption fee is $100 which covers the cost of spaying.

Trio of three sable males - their estimated ages are between 4-6 years
old, they are marshal farms, already altered.  They must go as a pair.
$200 for the trio (they have personal toys and bedding)

Another Trio - 1 albino 6 year old female, 1 cinnamon 6 year old female
and a 4 year old male sable.  They also must go as a pair.  They are
altered already.  $200 for the trio (they have a small cage that came
with them.  The cage is okay for travel but not permanent living.)

I am located in Northeast portion of Pennsylvania near Philadelphia,
however in November, I have friends traveling across the country from
Nebraska and Iowa who are willing to bring adoptees closer to you if you
are out of state.  Also I am willing to meet people part way who are
looking to adopt.

In order to adopt, we would ask for your vet reference (of if you are
a new ferret owner and looking for a vet, I can refer you), personal
references, and also some brief information about your ferret experience,
ie, how long have you had ferrets, what you are feeding, etc.

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have at