From:
Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:18:28 +0000
Hmm...

I have three ferrets under 6 months old that share a cage.  The older of
the two use the litter box religiously, the third does not.

Doesn't seem to matter if there is poop or no poop in box, this one seems
to prefer the corner.  Have tried ferret off!  in that corner as well as
corner deterrent springs (the entire package of four, to be exact) in
that corner to no avail.

She will occasionally use the litter box.  This morning, she started to
poop outside the box and I told her no, picked her up and set her in the
box.  She would NOT stay.  Kept putting her back and putting her back...
She never did poop (before I left for work anyway) in the box or out.  I
kept her in the cage while her cage mates got to run outside the cage.

What do I try next?  I read somewhere (was it this list or elsewhere?)
that some ferrets do not like corner boxes, only square ones, but don't
really think this is the problem, since she has been known to use the
corner box.

Whatever thoughts you have are greatly appreciated!

Alayne
(and Sierra, Angel and Emily)