From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:05:42 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=14345&startid=14360

Good questions.
1) Yes, Revolution is effective against ticks, but Frontline spray
probably works better for ticks, especially if you have a lot of ticks.

2) Using Frontline spray with Revolution should be safe.  Remember
Frontline stays on the skin/oil layer and is not absorbed into the
bloodstream.

3) Likewise Advantage should be safe with Revolution.

4) Advocate is not available here in the USA.  The 2 ingredients are
Advantage (Imidacloprid) and Proheart (Moxidectin).  Those 2 products
are safe for ferrets.  Likewise in Australia they have a product called
Advantage duo (Imidacloprid and ivermectin), but it is not available
over here in the USA.  I would check with Bayer about using Advocate
on ferrets.  If they have a kitten/cat version then they have probably
tested it on ferrets too.  Over here we have Advantix (Imidacloprid
and permethrin), but it is not safe for ferrets or cats!

Hope that helps,
Jerry Murray, DVM

----
[Sukie Note: BTW, This is turning out to be a bad tick year in some
parts of the U.S.  There is a LOT of tick info in the FHL Archives in
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org (and I tracked down a number of useful URLs
on the topic, too, which are in a few of the posts there).]