From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 05:34:27 -0500
>From:    Ann Badnadge <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: little boys
>I would like to know if there is any time in the year that it is wrong
>to get the hobs castrated ..  I have been told that they should not be
>done at this time of year as they little bits are reabsorbed into the
>body and do not hang down as they should

Uh... That sounds weird.  We'd think this is the right time while they
are not in rut and are at their largest for the year.  But no vet has
ever specified the best time to us.

>From:    Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Marking territory?
>In the last month he has started dribbling urine as he walks around.

That would be a sign of a male thinking he's going into rut.  Marking
his territory to make it easy for a female to find him or something.

Another symptom of adrenal problems in a castrated male.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets