From:
Cindy Michou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:13:41 -0900
Does anyone have saraferret's mom's mailing address? I'd like to send
her some get well wishes if possible.

Laryssa and the ferret smell survey, I use Fabreeze AFTER the ferrets
are in their cage for the night. I use it on my carpeting and any
fabric covered furniture. Litter boxes are washed once a week and
litter is scooped daily, the bedding is washed out weekly as well
(much to their disapproval). We also have two air cleaners (my son has
asthma) that not only clean particles out of the air but helps to
control odors. Make sure to have your carpets steam cleaned several
times a year. That will help with odor control and don't forget to have
your drapes cleaned too. If the ferrets environment is kept clean then
they will not smell as strongly. I don't use any kind of deodorant on
my four. Understand that there will always be a slight smell. Ferrets
are....well....ferrets! That smell is part of their charm. I personally
love that warm, slightly musky smell when you cuddle them.

I know some owners/slaves clean more often than I do and others clean
less often. I all depends on what level of odor you're comfortable with
and what will fit into your schedule as far as cleaning goes. But
please remember that fiancEs may come and go so please don't give up
your ferrets just to please him. He needs to understand that your
ferrets are part of your family and he needs to get use to it. Shelters
everywhere are stretched to the max right now and some of those ferrets
are there because of boyfriends, fiancEs, and husbands who decided they
didn't like ferrets for various reasons. Good luck to you and your
fuzzies.

Cindy and the gang at
Hiland Ferrets