From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:21:19 -0400
Someone asked how SOS will raise funds without raffles. Although the
raffles were the most visible, we have always received donations other
ways.

BAM (the Buck-A-Month) club receives a small, steady stream of monthly
gifts of $1 or $5 or more. Every dollar really does help.

We will be holding occasional auctions. Supporters hold sales and
auctions and send us a percentage.

We also receive random donations to the General Fund, some large and
some small. The generous gift from Jeanne and Floyd Carley's foundation
is a good example. We had no idea it was coming, but I opened the
envelope and.... there it was!

We also receive matching funds from people who work for companies that
support employee giving.

It all helps. People have always donated without being asked.

Now that we will not be posting regularly about auctions, I suppose
we need to keep ourselves in the community eye somehow. So thanks for
asking, ferretmama.

Judith White

~~~~~ Support Our Shelters ~~~~~
                100 Walsh Road
           Lansdowne, PA 19050
                   610-626-6647

Helping the Shelters of the Ferret Mailing List
          www.SupportOurShelters.org

Ask me how you can help a shelter near you.

Tax-Deductible Donations through PayPal to:
  501(c)3 non-profit  Tax ID: 23-3062176