From:
Caterina Venturelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:54:03 PDT
Hello Everybody in the FML!!!

Perhaps some of you remember my mails when I lost my first ferret from
pneumonia, he s name was Ferri.  I never stopped reading this list because
I still felt part of the ferret comunity even if Ferri was my only child
and I stayed a long time without any ferret.  I suffered his death terribly
and I will miss my little angel for the rest of my life.  In fact I even
doubted to ever have other ferret at home... Then some weeks latter, my
husband brought a lovely kit that finally stolen my heart because is
completley impossible to stop loving this marvelous God creatures.  This
new baby that is getting bigger is already 3.5 months old (has been with
me since he was 2) and his name is Gigio (Lynn S. and Rebecca M. from this
list are already his Godmothers).  I just wanted to introduce him to you
because I most probably will need your advices and shared experiences more
than once during all his life.  For instance, Gigio loves milk and I ve
read somewhere that ferrets are untolerant to lactose, so I don t want to
induce him a diarrea.  I offered him a substitute of milk formula that does
not contain lactose (N.A.N.  Nestle) and is made with corn syrup, milk fat,
lecitin oil and corn oil, plus a long list of vitamins and minerals and
Gigio loved this as much as milk.  I don t think that this could be harmful
if I give this to him once a day as a treat or when we are having breakfast
with real milk in order to not disapointing him too much.  But I would like
to know if you have any other information or experience about this
substitute of milk and its effect in ferrets.

Give a big kiss on your fuzzies nose for me please!
Cathie.