From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 1994 09:59:17 -0400
>        My ferrets finaly figured out how to open my kitchen cabinets.
>I guess they must have got the idea from the net. :)  I found Mako in
>my silverwear draw yesterday.  Boy was he having fun.  He hissed at me
>as if I was pulling out his canine teeth when I removed him from all
>those newly aquired shiney toys. :( Poor guy.

Isn't it wierd they way they can climb up stuff in a cabinet and get in
drawers through the back?  In fact, just this morning, Nancy completely
destroyed my turkey baster.  It really brings home how easily they can
escape through walls.

I too, have a socialization question.  Nancy is about 3 yrs old, and has
always been an only ferret.  She explores a lot, but isn't very playful.
My boyfriend and I would like to move in together, so I've been bringing
Nancy over to his place on weekends to get used to his cat, Buster.  Buster
is a good, playful cat, has always lived indoors, and has no killer
instincts.  At first, there was much hissing from Nancy, especially when
she wanted to explore and Buster wanted to play.  But Buster was very
patient, and Nancy has calmed down, but still won't play.  My boyfriend
wants to get a kitten, so that Buster has a playmate.  Is Nancy likely to
ever get playful with either Buster or a kitten?  Should I get another
ferret?  Or just continue playing with Nancy myself?

<Anon>