From:
"Earl S. Leighton III" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 17:12:25 -0700
Hello FML!  I've only had my fuzzy 3 weeks, and I thought everything was
going good...until.....

Well, I started with a ferret starter kit, only I replaced the pine chips
with small animal bedding (pelet style) at the suggestion of the pet store.
She seemed to devour the Hagen ferret food that was included with the kit.
She loved it so much that it ran out real fast, and I couldn't find it
anywhere, so I bought another brand.(Kaytee ferret food) For a week I mixed
the two more and more, and she ate less and less.  Now, with only the Kaytee
food- she won't eat!  She barely nibbles, then flips the bowl over with all
it's contents.  (And I thought it was heavy!) Then it hit me!!!  She loves
Ferretone, I'll just mix it with the food, after all, that's what it's meant
for.  No good, she flips it everytime.  It seems to me like she's just
starving herself, and I've never experienced an animal who, when hungry,
wouldn't eat the food in it's dish.  (I know, I know it's a ferret not a
dog.) After reading the dog food story, is Hagen all she will ever want?  I
actually like it better (well, I haven't actually eaten it!, for her I
mean), it is harder than the Kaytee, and better for her teeth.  Well, I'm
sure you've all been through this, and don't want to relive the nightmares!
I'm gonna try another brand tommorrow.  Any help would be appreciated!
Later....

        "Doctor Doctor what is wrong with me
         This supermarket life is getting long
         What is the heart life of a colour TV
         What is the shelf life of a teenage queen"-

                             Roger Waters/Amused To Death

        Hobbies/Interests include MST3K(w/Joel), Roger Waters,
        Pink Floyd(w/Rog), Sega Saturn, Philips CD-i, Philips
        DCC.... Down w/Sony Playstation, MD, Pink Fraud
                        E-mail [log in to unmask]