From:
"SHELLEY R. ABARE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:49:29 -0500
Hi,
I have some basic info on bringing a ferret back from Australia.  I
would think it's about the same rules.  First, you have to contact the
individual airlines to see if they allow fuzzies in the cabin.
Airtran=no, American West=no, Qantus=yes.  American costs $75. per leg
of your flight.  (every time you change planes it's another $75. bucks!)
Not sure about Hawaii, but there is no quarentine or other restrictions
coming into the continental U.S.  (I called the FDA and the Fish and
Game) I chose not to go to the added expense of bringing any fuzzies back
with me because we had 7 plane changes over 30 hours each way.  Too much
of a hassle.  Call the airlines and call New Zealand fish and game or
equivalent.  You can find out alot about it researching on the web.  Took
me about a week to get the numbers I needed.  I don't have them anymore,
I tossed them when we decided not to bring any back.  You can find them
by searching "FDA" and "U.S. Fish and Game" on-line.

Good luck.
Shelley

Hugs your fuzzies every day.  If you don't know why, they do.