Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 06:38:17 -0700
I never *met* Reb McFarlane, except through this monitor that sits on
my desk.

The day before she passed on, she sent me the most touching e-mail.

I had just said goodbye to the third ferret in less than a month, and
was feeling quite sad.

Reb had also just lost a sweet little ferret.

Sometimes it's hard to express your feelings to someone that looses a
ferret, What do you say?

I'm sorry?
It was his/her time.
In a better place?
I know how you feel?

We search for just the right words, hoping the recipient will know we
truly are sorry, we truly do care, and we do understand their loss,
and the pain.

When I wrote Reb and told her I was feeling so sad over my *empty*
cage, she wrote back five little words.... just five, that I will
treasure always. She lifted my spirit, she understood.

"I know love....I know".

Ardith