From:
"Dr. Deb Sell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:39:12 -0800
don't think i have waited this long to finally get him help...we have
been trying to figure it out for 6 months or so.

I have a 3 year old male (neutered).  He is the picture of health: great
weight (maybe a little too much!!), beautiful coat, great appetite, plays
normal etc... Everything about him is normal except he has an occasional
bout of *squirtiness* about every2-3 days.  This is kind of like a watery
diarrhea.  He usually has one *blast* (sorry!) and then he is good for
a few days.  He is not dehydrated.  We take them all to a very fert
knowledable vet who cant' figure it out either!!  He has normal bloodwork.
Stool test (twice) saw nothing abnormal (no bacteria etc).  The only clue
I have is that he usually does his *squirt* when he is in the ferret
playroom with the other boys...only occasionally will I find this stuff in
the litter box (an interesting fact since they spend only about 3-4 hours
a day out of the cage).

Could it possibly be some kind of *marking* or even a nervous response??
Nothing new (food, environment etc) has been added or taken away from his
life.  He has never had exposure to other ferts.  Our last one was adopted
over a year ago.  Someone thought it might be inflammatory bowel, but
wouldn't that be more than just one squirt every few days??  I am at a
loss and would love some input from you all.  This occasional diarrhe
does not seem to have any effect on him, but it worries me.

thanks in advance for any help!!
deb