From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 07:36:50 -0700
Pam,

>Ferret Central has been down for a few weeks now.  I have written the
>people who kindly donate the server space to me, and I hope it will be
>back soon.  I haven't heard back from them at all, so I have no idea when
>it might be back up.

If you wrote directly to the owner, I think I have an explanation.  The
owner and his wife have just completed their dream move and they have been
off-line for about two weeks.  They still own and operate the business and
have all the same employees (Guy will just telecommute!).  Guy will be back
in town within the next couple days and I will be talking with him then.
I'm sure he will quickly get everything back operating in their normal
excellent manner.

re: Modern Ferret.  I have to confess.  The very first thing I read in the
May/June Modern Ferret was about the magazine being named one of the 12
BEST magazines in the magazine industry.  What a *wonderful* award!!  Look
at the company they are in - The New Yorker, The Economist, etc.... And
even while "bragging", they were able to poke fun at themselves with the
comment "Mary wearing her genuine acylic coat".  Way to go Modern Ferret!
You have every right to be proud of the product you produce!

The article on Tiffany Taylor was tasteful and well-done.  The ferret world
needs more role models (no pun intended) who are *responsible* ferret
owners.  We all know there are way too many irresponsible owners and I
think we all have our horror stories.  If Tiffany promotes responsible
ownership, all of the ferret community is better off.

          -Carla

Save a life today! Visit the Ferret Friends
Disaster Response International website.
(http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~ferretma/ffdri1.html)