From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:35:58 -0800
Last month a wonderful family came to surrender to Rocky's Ferret Rescue
and Shelter.  I believe they had 2.5 children with them.  They were just
so perfect.

Seems they needed to do "The Right Thing".  They were surrendering three
ferrets that they had gotten when the children were younger and "gee, the
kids were not taking care of them anymore".  So, they were doing the right
thing by surrendering them to a shelter.  The episode was such, as if the
mom expected a crown from me for "doing the right thing"... seriously
nauseating!  I had already tried to overcome any family problems and
asked them to keep their commitment.  She was hell bent on getting rid
of "them".. the ferrets, not the kids.

Well, the ferrets were taken to the vet and brought current on vacs, prior
to surrender by this wonderful family.  Once again, they were doing "the
right thing".

A bottle of Amoxy accompanied one little 2.5 yr MF jill.  When I asked
what it was for I was told, "for her Adrenal Disease".  Little Suzi was
bald up her tail and over her hips.  But, "she was going to be fine, I
just had to finish off the Amoxy".

Tonite, Sweet Suzi is a bit drowsy, but the prognosis is good for her
recovery from Adrenal surgery.

I love humanity, it's people I can't stand... and stupid vets.

Affectionately,
Barbara Clay
Director of Shelter Affairs
Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter, Inc.
Maryland Ferret Protection and Welfare Society, Inc.
Parkton, Md. 21120
http://www.gfme.com/ferretrescue/