From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:58:58 EDT
Carrie wrote in asking how to attach a hi backed litter pan to the cage.

What we did is you either take an electric drill (or a nail heated over a
lighter works to, use pliers to hold) and drill or poke two small holes in
the litter pan, up towards the top on each side for a total of 4 holes (2
pairs of 2).  Then you take some wire (twist ties will even work, but are
not very durable) and loop them through each pair of holes and twist them
onto the cage.

Now this makes it hard to change the litter, as we discovered a week after
doing it, so we changed our plan.  We took a small sized cat litter box
that the hi backed litter pan would fit into and wired this into the cage
as I just described.  The hi backed litter pan then fits into the cat
litter box.  The fact that the cat box is wired down prevents it from
getting dumped over and the ferret litter box is easily removed (by HUMANS)
for cleaning.

Hope this helps,
Leigh