From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:38:15 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

Yes, different people certainly do interpret written posts differently.
A few people wrote me that they thought Vickie's post was snarky, but a
few didn't see it at all. The sticking point seemed to be the beginning
of the post, the "Pu-leez." That is what set me off, and the few folks
who wrote me to tell me that they were unhappy, too. Sometimes it is so
hard to understand just what a poster's intentions are when you can't
see their face of hear the tone of their voice. If I misunderstood
Vickie's intentions then I apologize profusely. Me, I deal with a seven
year old who starts sentences with a sarcastic "pu-leeze" far more
often than any of us adults in his life care for. Apparently he learned
it from his little classmates and it GRATES.

Again, apologies to Vickie. I should have just ignored the whole thing.

Alexandra in MA