Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 2009 16:24:25 +0200
>2. Lower carb kibbles to use for free feed when we're not home
>
>We've used Evo in the past, but have heard it caused diarhea issues
>and then we stopped when we had a ferret who we think the chicken
>kibbles aggravagted his IBD. But now we think a chicken food would be
>ok, although we haven't fed it to our two other boys for a long time,
>so we're very open to other meats in a low carb kibble. I know there
>must be other foods out there with lower carbs that others have had
>luck with.

I am using Orijen Cat food (http://www.orijen.ca) on my ferrets and my
two cats for almost a year and a half now (+ daily meat portions) and
couldn't be more satissfied as I am. One of my ferrets is insulinomic
(operated her, but tumors reoccured) so I must be especially carefull
about ingredients and low carb content of the food. She is doing great.
Also other ferrets I have (mine or in my care) are fed with it and
all have great fur, poops are ok, ... I know of few ferrets (who were
previously fed with food with much lower protein content) whos poop was
not as firm on orijen, but since their owners mix Orijen with Totally
ferret or felidae they are doing great.
---
www.zverinice.com