From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:48:10 -0500
>From:    Broomie FD <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Newbie with child
>
>I did not know that all ferrets will always bite as i was recently
>informed.  From what I read I thought they could be trained not to bite.
>I guess the information I read was wrong.

Someone misinformed you.  Ferret kits mouth everything just as puppies,
kittens or kids do and most of them use their mouth when playing, but a
serious bite is quite rare.  I have three.  Booger, my MF boy, was never
a biter.  Clyde, my PV boy, used to nip as a kit, but has grown out of it.
That just leaves Miss Bonnie, my PV girl.  She will gnaw on your leg when
she wants attention.  It's not mean or angry biting, just "hey, I'm down
here and I want some attention."

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if your idea of health food is pork rinds.