From:
"Long, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:19:51 EWT
Drs. Williams and Weiss...   what springs to mind from the following scenario ?

Our two 7-month old ferrets, brother and sister, are active and alert on
moistened Science Diet with some banana treat  except that my wife was unsure
about the texture of their motions, which seem rather gritty and a bit too dry.

Worried about the male's (Mork) low weight gain compared to the female (Mindy)
we visited our vet, familiar but not greatly experienced with ferrets.
She took blood from Mork and found him to be anaemic, both red and white cells
quite low (sorry no values know). Samples of poo-poo from both have been sent
for examination. Initial diagnosis is possible pancreas problems for Mork.
He is definitely underweight and has little appetite.

Does this sound any alarm bells ringing , perhaps investigation in some other
direction is recommended ?

Any advice for our vet would be most appreciated.     Peter

End of Message