From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:39:52 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

After a week away the ladies and I have been enjoying being back in one
another's company.  They showed how much they missed me by making a
hellacious mess in their cage.  (The sitter didn't dare address the issue,
I can't blame her.  I'm still wondering how they THREW one of their poop
boxes down the ramp and into the opposite corner of the lower cage level.)
They did this just to let me know I'm needed, I suppose.  How sweet of them.

In any event, the absence made me notice something that may have been
happening slowly.  I notice that Switch the Kit's FUR has changed.  It is
no longer silky soft and very fine.  She feels coarse.  Not in an abnormal
way, it is still a reasonable coat for a weasel, but it has changed
noticably.  She is the only kit I have ever had.  Could it be that kits
just have a beautiful soft coat that they lose over time?  Baby fur?

She is in the midst of a growth spurt that has her tail looking too short
for her body.  Two weeks ago her body was too short for her long tail.  I
guess she's going through an awkward stage.  Next fang-braces and zits, I
suppose.  I'll find the cordless phone stashed under the dresser along
with her other treasures, like that stale cheese puff she loves so much,
and the plastic watermelon seed shaped husks left over after she peels
the fur mouse suits off of them and spits them out.

(sigh.) My baby is growing up.
Alexandra in Massachusetts

Switch the Kit: "Can I borrow the car?"

Sabrina the Bat-Biter: "Oh my GOD what have you DONE to my fur mouse!?"