From:
Ela Heyn and Scooter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 13:09:08 EST
Hi, everybody!  I just had to write and tell you a cute ferret story!

We can't get decent licorice here on the East Coast - only the Twizzlers
garbage - so I got my brother to mail me a big four lb.  tub of Red Vines
from California.  When it arrived, I opened the box it came in and went
into the kitchen for TWO MINUTES to get something with which to pry the
tub open.

Well, in my absence Scooter managed to get the tub open himself, and was
in the process of helping himself to numerous pieces of licorice when I
came back.  He grabbed several at once and tried to make a quick getaway
under the couch, but, unfortunately, he kept tripping over the ends of
the licorice as he ran.  So he dropped all of the licorice, picked one
stick back up, and took off for the couch, with both ends of the licorice
stick flopping up and down as he ran.

In the meantime, I picked up the licorice tub, reclosed it, and put it
out of reach.  When Scooter emerged from under the couch for another
piece, he couldn't find the licorice tub, so he climbed into the box it
had been in, and send a shower of styrofoam pellets flying out of the box
as he searched for the licorice tub.  Boy, was it funny!

P.S.  I was lucky that I didn't leave the licorice tub out where he had
access to it while I was out of the apartment.  I can only imagine what
he would have done with unlimited access to all 240 pieces of licorice!!
Yikes!

P.P.S.  By the way, where do I get info. on getting a subscription to
Weasel Help Monthly!  With a character like Scooter around the house,
I need all of the help I can get!