From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:34:19 -0500
I urge everyone to go to
http://home.maine.rr.com/tesseract/vote.htm

and vote in Jen Ellis' ferret hero poll.  I've placed my votes.  Yep that's
voteS, you get to vote more than once!  There is also a space for comments,
and Jen promises to post the best ones on the FML.

The more formal 1999 FML Ferret Hero Award is still accepting nominations.
From my count I still just have 3 nominees who have received 3 or more
primary nominations: Dr. Weiss, BIG and Bob Church.  Skeeter has been
mentioned many times, and I am struggling with the fairness issue of
making humans run against a ferret.  I'm also concerned about where to
send the award plaque and where he (she? do we know Skeeter's gender??)
would hang it!

There have been a few others who have received one or two nominations.
Names I've seen include: Troy Lynn Eckart, Sukie Crandall, Sam Young, Karla
Staudt, Lynn Seigel and Lynne Fink.  If I've missed any, please let me
know.  On Nov 30, I'll close nominations.

Voting will be done by sending email to an address that will be posted
when the nominations are complete.  I'll also be looking for assistance
in designing a plaque.  Maybe someone with ferret show award experience
could help out.  Any ideas anyone?

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH